Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

mbin posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 1:46 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'll second that! nice tone which works well for the image!

...just had a second play with the Dformers on the higher density mesh. Now that I look at the base of the tube holder, whereas before the points of the mesh could be selected due to being outside the tubes (only the vertecies went through the tubes), there are now some for the tube holder that are inside the tubes, so I cannot move them unless I move the tubes as well... oh well... If anyone wants them for the previous version, I can do those ok... :¬S

Thanks for all the hard work but I think I will pretend that the tube rack was made that way.  LOL  I have noticed that every time I reload this prop into Studio it has different issues and the rendered image comes out different although the Reality settings are set the same.  This has been a challenge.. 

Once imported and materials set, I have not had it change on me, but yes, re-loading a different version does seem to present new issues to overcome! One in particular is that if you change a material, render, and then change it back to the original material, the settings do not always come back (this may be how it works?), and you then have to re-load from daz...) - if I remember right, one I got the black antenna, I cannot get rid of it if I've saved the scene and exited, even by then setting the mats back later... but if done in the same 'session' as when it went black it is recoverable... ?

Been a bit side tracked this/last week, so have not been able to do much on it... I'm still not happy with seeing the render either having the tube rack intersecting, or not having it easily correctable... Sooo, I may take another look and see if the points are far enough away from the tubes to be able to pick up on them. Potentially that could mean one Dformer for points inside the tubes, then several outside (for each of the three areas). This all depends on how close they all come and if I can miss the points of the tubes to be able to move them well enough... It 'may' work, but would result in a large number of info to post. If it does work, then I will post how to position one for each area and then post the rest of the data in a table... but will need to see if its feasable first! I will try to get to look this week if I can... not promising anything this time tho!`¬) (if not, I might go back to the intersecting version and see if I can disguise it somehow...)

MyDeviantArtGallery