Forum: Vue

Subject: Before we all get carried away..............

thefixer opened this issue on Oct 27, 2012 · 29 posts

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 29 October 2012 at 6:04 AM

Quote - As a matter of interest, why have you uninstalled Version 10??

I was working on a graveyard ecosystem scene animation.  Tombstones in the ecosystem would vanish for no reason after rendering about 20 frames.  Then I'd get hit by the blackened frame render bug and Vue would hang.  So I figured I'd just move the camera past those tombstones and continue rendering from 15 or 20 frames ahead from where I was.  Vue crashed instantly.  It didn't matter which frame I rendered at.

It was then that I figured there wasn't anything feature-wise that I absolutely couldn't live without in Vue 10 Infinite.  So I took it off and installed Vue 9.5 Infinite.  (10 was a freebie because I bought 9.5).  I loaded the scene into Vue 9.5 (it said my Vue was older than the file, I clicked OK anyway and it loaded just fine).  I clicked on render animation, and it completed just fine.  I was able to stop and save my progress and continue on rendering where I left off without any problems.  No blackened frames.  No missing tombstones.  I have about 5,000 of them.  My resources were at 75%.

So Vue 10 Inifinite's animation bugs were passed onto Vue 10.5 Inifinite.  A lot of people complained about it in 10.5.  So maybe it will be fixed in 11?  I don't own any Vue 10 content, so I didn't have to worry about 9.5 not being able to open anything like newer trees or houses.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG