Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue vs Bryce?

false1 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2012 · 35 posts

false1 posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quote - I can't comment on Vue vs. Bryce, having never used Bryce, but from experience you will probably want the Vue Ecosystem module.  I started out with Vue d'esprit but soon learned that Ecosystem was necessary for realistic scenes.  Otherwise you have to place hundreds or thousands of individual plants yourself.  Look at the price of Vue d'esprit plus Ecosystem module vs. buying Vue Studio. Hope this helps.

Thanks, this is helpfull. I couldn't help but wonder how you shrink a $1400 program down to $199 without a great deal of comprimises. Seems you have to customize the program for your needs. I'll have a look at the gallery as another poster suggested to see if I can get some more insight. I'm having trouble downloading the trial version.

I was getting back to Bryce after a many year absence and was a bit put off by the fact that the interface didn't seem to have been updated much. It forces a full screen, doesn't have multiple viewing angles, and the icons around the edges are miniscule on my 20". Somebody please straighten me out if those can be adjusted.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website