Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Windows 8 and Poser

ProudApache opened this issue on Oct 23, 2012 ยท 49 posts

LaurieA posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 6:43 AM

Heh...then they can keep Windows 8 and I'll happily use Windows 7 until they see the error of their ways. If they don't, perhaps it's time to do Linux or FreeBSD, although the thought turns me ;). LOL.

I haven't used a desktop computer and used the programs I use all these years to take a huge step backward just so MS can dumb shit down for tablets. I think not ;). It may make sense in feasability for Microshaft, but it doesn't make logical sense that you can use one OS for a few completely different machines that are used for completely different purposes (and then go and design it for the LEAST common denominator in the bunch). When I can pick up my tablet to use Photoshop or Vue, then things may be different. But we're so far from that right now it's actually laughable. Something like Sketchbook for Android is NOT a replacement for Photoshop, no matter how you slice it and won't be for years to come. My tablets, for as much as I love them and for as versitile as they are, don't even come close to replacing my desktop, which is the big guns for the kind of stuff we do.

To add, I see this as nothing but an attempt to also snatch stuff off my desktop and put it on their "cloud" where I have no control over it whatsoever. It smells. LOL I don't have terabytes of storage space fer nothin' ;).

Laurie