Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Importing morph targets in poser 12 pro from 3ds max

studioe opened this issue on Nov 06, 2012 ยท 11 posts

studioe posted Tue, 06 November 2012 at 10:50 AM

Actually I am attempting to do a FBM. I need to apply the morhs the the indiviual body parts to creat the FMB. However I can't get by this first problem.

1. I extport the figure as an obj. In the export options I select extort as a morph target and include body part names in polygon groups.

2. I change the size of the obj using Objaction scaler 3.0 to a workable scale in 3ds max.

3. I import into 3ds max as a single mesh and do my work on the figure using the edit mesh tool and only move the vertices around.

4. After I am done using the element selection tool I detach each figure group and name them as the same as the poser obj. In this case chest, abdomen and hip.

5. I export each body part individually. Rescale them back down with Objaction scaler 3.0 to the original size.

6. I go the the figure in poser and select the body part I wish two apply the morph and select load morh target in the property tab. A diolog box pops up...and when I load the obj I keep ghetting the message too many vertices on target obj.

I loaded the original obj from pose into 3ds max to compare the vetex count and they are identical.

Also I thought that the scaling work done on the obj may have done something however when I did a test on the obj without scaleing and no mesh work in 3ds max and re-import the morh taget I get the same message on the vertice count problem.

thanks for the reply