Forum: Vue

Subject: Please Someone Tell Me What Is Going On With Presence!!!!

Jonj1611 opened this issue on Nov 28, 2012 · 25 posts

penboack posted Tue, 04 December 2012 at 7:40 AM

Quote - If we assume that in the old way a value of 1.000 = 100% then we were able to give values >100%.  Also, if we change a value of 1 plant, the other values remained the same.

The problem is that I don't think that in previous versions of Vue a presence value of 1.000 = 100%.

I think that a presence value of 1.000 expressed in percent would be 1.000 divided by the sum of the presence values of the objects being populated then multipled by 100.

So in your Vue 9 example a presence value of 1.000 would be 1.000 / (2.8 + 6.5 + 0.8), which is 9.90%.

If you take the Summer Cherry tree presnece value of 2.8 and multiply it by 9.90% you get 27.72% which rounded up is what Vue 11 displays as the proportion expressed as a percentage.

Quote - This s/shot shows that Vue9 eco material and also saved and loaded into Vue11.   Here, the values are shown as percentages and if I (for instance) change the value of the Summer Cherry to 25% the Fall Cherry automatically changes to 67%.  However, the Long Grass remains at 8%.  If I further change the value of the Fall Cherry to 61%, the value of the Long Grass increases to 14% and the Summer Cherry remains static at 25%.

Changing the value of the Long Grass affects the Fall Cherry above it.

This is what I was referring to in my previous post as an issue with Vue 11.

When you change the value of the Summer Cherry both the Fall Cherry and the Long Grass should automatically change.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/