Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OctaneRender for Poser

face_off opened this issue on Sep 18, 2012 · 323 posts

Zanzo posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quote - What about workflow? How much time do you have to spend tweaking before render? What's the minimum amount of time you can spend?

The render above was with zero tweaking (think I just loaded one of V4's skin texturemaps as the IDL light!!! - so there are not even any geometry lights).  So it was load the plugin, load the light map, copen the viewport, wait.

PLEASE don't make me watch the video.

I get many emails per day, and have gone to the effort of making the tutorial video's and writing the manual the try to maintain my sanity and not answer the same question many times :-)

Is it better to do lighting & shader stuff in poser, or just pose figures & props and then do the lighting & shader stuff in octane render?

Most people are doing all the shaders and lights in the Octane render - since you can tweak and then see the results immediately.  Once complete, you can optionally save the Octane material back into the Poser material and save as a mat pose if you want to keep it for another render.

Is there a demo we can try for poser? Or is the only way to buy a license right now? Just curious.  For example a demo could watermark the final render in ways making it impossible to photoshop out.