Forum: Animation

Subject: What is animation? duh

mysticeagle opened this issue on Dec 12, 2012 · 2 posts

poisinivy posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:52 PM

I think you have to look at the big picture when it comes to animation , even when it comes to short films

If you ever noticed that even Pixar and Dreamworks have a mass amount of people working for them creating full leanth and short animation films. they have Actors& actresses,direcotrs and storyboard artist. modelers, animators , lighting, sounds people etc. some of thier scenes & models even come from out side third party sources.

Animation production is , well a production..lol and a lot of effort to create a film people like, so when it comes to just one person creating animation  you need to take from outside resources and buy models and such or spend 5 years making the film.

I think anyone can accomplish a good animation with any software if giving enough time and practice.

I can animate with daz and poser much better than in 3DS and Maya, But I can build models in 3DS and that is what I have practiced with. so really its what you are use to working with.

The trouble begins when showing your single person produced amature film to people who really know nothing about animation or what is involved to create it.  they watch & Judge peoples films created  with poser & Daz software and expect it to be the same quality results as a large studio company employing 100's of people. will millons in budget.

I've been creating animation for abouht 2 years with varing software and my thought is this, if I enjoy creating the film and its something i'm not ashamed to show my family then its a good enough for everyone else.

As you know everyone is a critic :)