Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) The Hobbit Movie (Review)

Acadia opened this issue on Dec 15, 2012 · 25 posts

monkeycloud posted Sun, 16 December 2012 at 5:07 AM

Quote - "I've heard some say that it was filmed differently; something about a faster speed and that some found it nauseating to watch. I didn't find it nauseating.  But it might be what gave it that weird "feel" that I mentioned."

Hi this is because it was filmed at 48 Frames per second , twice the frame rate that most of us are used to watching in the Cinema.

there is a big debate in the "industry " about wether this will become the new standard or not.

Cheers

Yes, I'd read about the 48 fps. Although, I think many cinemas are not yet equipped to show that version and are simply showing a standard frame rate print?

The only film I've really enjoyed that much in the revised 3D format (compared to watching the same film in 2D) so far is Judge Dredd, which I thought used the parallax effect that, to me at least, seems to still be inherent in the 3D format, to great stylistic effect.

Otherwise I tend to find that the 3D effect simply distracts from my brain / optical system's natural ability to extract an understanding / simulation of 3D space from a 2D image.

I've not seen the Hobbit yet, and not sure if my local cinemas will provide the 48 fps or not... I hope so. It would be good to see what that looks like.