Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quote -
I couldn't agree more, LOL. I don't use smart content and delete all metadata for this very purpose, i know where my files are and where to get them.

Sucks to hear some of the horror stories here, my transistion to DS 4.5 was seamless. It opens all my DS3 and 4 files with no problems. i was able to map the location of my runtimes and old DS files with no issues and have not had any app issues so far. I am to a point that the only time I go back to poser 2012 is to create a part for a scene, usually with dynamic cloth and then import it into DS. I use the smoothing modifier and collision in DS4.5 so much, I can't imagine not having them.

I'm with you Mike.  I have even tried to recreate issues that other ppl are having and just can't.  DS4.5 is so integrated in my workflow now that I can't even see going back.  I don't have gen x for 4.5 yet; so, I occasionally regress my install to convert a bunch of stuff and then go right back.  I, on the other hand, have learned to use metadata to my benefit.  I make my own for pretty much all content.  Even things that come with their own metadata; I re-cook my own.  I still have poser 2012 on drive; but, I open it up.. stare at it for a while and then shut it down.