Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why do you never see Poser Renders that look like Paintings ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Dec 17, 2012 · 83 posts

Paul Francis posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 6:56 AM

Quote - Frazetta painted in a very small scale on, IIRC, the reverse side of unsanded masonite panals. Hence the tactile quality of the grain showing in his imagery and his excellent utilization of dry brush techniques. Wonder if there are any Richard Corben fans using poser? Would seem like a perfect match.

When I first got into Frazetta, I used to think Masonite was some wonderous American material specially made for great artists that you couldn't get here in the UK.  Then along came the Internet, and I found out that's it's er, hardboard, the favourite medium of cash-strapped art students throughout the universe!

I never heard of Richard Corben - just looked him up, I really like what I see.  Not going to get much work done today!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"