Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why do you never see Poser Renders that look like Paintings ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Dec 17, 2012 ยท 83 posts

primorge posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 7:08 AM

...You touch on some interesting points about the digital medium, Carodan. Coming from a traditional medium background I often feel like using pre made content and poser in general is somehow "cheating" or being a, ironically, "poser". Of course my abilities in this medium are way behind what I can do with pen and ink, a brush or some clay. Who knows if they'll ever catch up?

So you don't consider yourself an artist any more or you have no pretentions of being an artist? I'm not really sure I understand your opening statement. You seem to be pretty skilled and have a lot of ideas of a creative nature... doesn't this qualify you as being an "Artist"?

In terms of the 'officially sanctioned few' in the realm of art, I think that concept died out after the renaissance, and certainly upon the advent of modernism.

There are plenty of magnificent painters who's work displays no visible brushstrokes whatsoever, surely they are still painters?

Digitally painted, with, ummm, digital paint. I see. Difficult to say what is a simulation or authentic, to categorize or officially sanction one way or the other with 'CG' techniques.

anyway, just some reactive thoughts