Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Completely baffled by conforming clothes.

ElZagna opened this issue on Dec 20, 2012 ยท 33 posts

ElZagna posted Fri, 21 December 2012 at 11:01 PM

Here are the results of some more testing I did today.

I loaded V4 and then injected all the morphs (INJ Morphs++). Then I loaded and conformed 3d-Age's SexyTop VI to Vickie. I chose this outfit because it was a fairly recent product from a well established vendor and it had few body parts. Once I had that set up, I started injecting the body morphs from each of my models one at a time, and checked to see if the outfit conformed properly or not. I would then Alt-Z to back out and then go to the next model.

The outfit conformed to some of the models but not others. When it didn't conform the problem was often because the model was using a morph that the outfit didn't have. This is a known problem and there are Python scripts to deal with that. Sometimes, however the outfit didn't conform even when it had a matching morph. This happened when the morph in the model was sert to a negative number. In that case the outfit tried to conform but seemed to crash into the models chest.

That seemed to be consistent with all of 3d-Age's outfits.

Armed with that information I began to check out the outfits by other vendors, but dear Lord, there is absolutely no consistency to how this stuff is built. What a mess! I'll try to pick this up tomorrow.