Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Completely baffled by conforming clothes.

ElZagna opened this issue on Dec 20, 2012 · 33 posts

ElZagna posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 3:39 PM

I am well aware of the benefits that dynamic clothing brings to Poser, but it has its drawbacks as well. Conforming outfits that actually conform to the character you are working with and can handle the poses are so darn easy to work with.

moriador, I agree that usually it's easier to just dial down the character morphs than it is to mess with the outfit. Boobs are usually the problem so I'll take a look at VaVoom. Thanks.

wimvdb, the conforming outfits' lack of consistency that I mentioned earlier is, I am sure, due to the various tools that vendors use to create the items and to whatever tricks the vendors use to get it to work. I susupect that a lot of these 3rd party products are made the same way a lot of HTML pages are built. In your WYSIWYG you try one thing, then another and another until finally it looks the way you want it, so you just leave it alone. On the outside it looks just fine, but open up the code, and Sweet Jesus, what a mess! Since I come from a programming background, I'm willing to be that if I ever tried my hand at creating an outfit, my code would be pristine, but the clothing itself wouldn't be something I'd even want to give to Goodwill.