Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OctaneRender for Poser

face_off opened this issue on Sep 18, 2012 ยท 323 posts

bblogoss posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 5:43 PM

That's exactly what I wanted when adding a light emitter just behind the camera. Here is a 10 minutes PMC Kernel render.

By the way, when I run the "create emitters from lights" script, Poser always ask me to locate the ball.pzz or else prop located in the folder :Runtime:libraries:Props:Primitives. So I always have to manually locate it. Why ?

I'm also considering to update my GPU card. For now I have a GTX 660 Ti for Octane render and a GTX 650 for display or use both when I don't need to do something else in the computer when rendering. GTX 580 seems for the moment to be the best price/speed value but the max textures limitation can be a problem with Fermi generation cards. If I run a Fermi + a Kepler card, will the texture limitations increase or will be still limited by the Fermi card ? I also read that the Octane developpers team is working to optimize the Kepler performances for the future versions of Octane render. Does is it still worth to invest in a Fermi card if in the future Kepler cards will be more efficient. I say that because power consumption and overheat of Fermi vs Kepler, the choice is clearly made.