Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Problem with 3-D-C products in Daz Studio

galactica1981 opened this issue on Jan 09, 2013 · 17 posts

Spit posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 1:58 AM

It doesn't matter that Studio uses a dll to convert all Poser content so why bring it up? Neither does it matter that tdlmake converts texture images for use in the renderer 3Delight so why bring it up.

Studio complies strictly with the wavefront object standard, Poser does not. It's neither good nor bad the way each handles it. The only problem is that Poser forgives non-standard usage whereas Studio does not.

I've spent more money here at Renderosity for Poser stuff this past year than the entire last decade. 99% of the stuff I've purchased, and it's a lot, needs little more than minor surface material changes to work just fine in Studio.

I even purchase stuff the vendor says is not compatible. They just don't want to bother learning another program and they can get away with it (mostly) because most stuff works with only minor issues that are easily overcome.

I love the renders people do with BOTH programs and think this whole conversation is silly. That's why I joined in. :) I just love silly conversations.