Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Problem with 3-D-C products in Daz Studio

galactica1981 opened this issue on Jan 09, 2013 · 17 posts

cschell posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 10:06 PM

Odd... I've never had any issue at all other than very very very minor surface tweeks using Poser content in Daz... the only format Daz doesn't use is pz3 but my personal opinion is that an item offered as "fully rigged for Poser' isn't or shouldn't be a pz3 as that's a scene file not a "fully rigged" anything... I'd say about 90% of my many gig's of runtime are Poser items not Studio ones...

I also use Daz Studio (the figure set-up tools are great for that) to create fully functional Poser items that work both in Daz and Poser... again only with slight tweeks to surface values... and honestly if you take time to learn what surface settings to use you can set them up so the item will appear almost exactly the same in Poser as it does when it's created in Daz (eliminating all but the most minor of adjustments)...

Not flaming Poser or Daz, by the way... I have and use both in my work flow... Daz to rig figures and export cr2/pp2/pz2 files.... and Poser to do preliminary beta-testing and surface tweeks for final set-up and to fix any mesh issues that Poser may find that Daz didn't...

In fact my experience is more that Poser is too specific in some things and models that work fine in without any issues what-so-ever in Daz may have surface issues in Poser's preview window that either dissappear when rendered and are even worse on Poser render than in Poser's preview window... Also Daz is more forgiving on conforming items than Poser and things that conform properly in Daz may get really screwy when conformed in Poser... Hence my use of Poser to beta-test to resolve any discrepancies in a project... They are both usefull and when used together can be very complimentary programs as part of an over-all workflow...