Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Adding IK Chains via an Injection Pose?

WandW opened this issue on Jan 16, 2013 · 13 posts

lesbentley posted Thu, 17 January 2013 at 11:52 AM

Quote - There is a small fly in the ointment; the x, y and z translate dials are set to force limits on the feet, so they have to be unchecked to move the feet with IK on.  I take it that those are the normal translation parameters for that part?

I don't think it's normal to force limits on any translation channels in a human figure. I can't think of any reason why they would want to do that. I know for a fact that the following figures do not have limits forced on foot translations, and that even if they did, the min and max are set so high that it would make no practical difference.

Posette
Jessi
Antonia 1.2
SydneyG2

Plus I don't remember seeing forced translation limits in V3 or V4, though I can't be absolutely sure they weren't there.

You should be able to un-force the limits with the same pz2 you use to inject the IK: actor lFoot
    {
    inkyParent BODY
    nonInkyParent lShin
    channels
        {
        translateX xtran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        translateY ytran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        translateZ ztran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        }
    }

I can't see that doing that could do any harm, unless there is something special about Genesis that requires it (which I doubt).

Quote - It's kind of ugly wading through those weight maps in Wordpad. PZ3Editor dies on this one; I'll give old version 1.0 a try...

If I need to test a parameter change, I find it is often as easy to write a pose file to change it, as it is to edit the cr2, and you can save the pz2 for future use. For example to un-force translation limits in an actor you can use this:

{

ForceTran0.pz2

version
    {
    number 5
    }

actor $CURRENT
    {
    channels
        {
        translateX xtran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        translateY ytran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        translateZ ztran
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        }
    }
}

The "$CURRENT" tells Poser to apply the pose to the currently selected actor. "$CURRENT" can be useful for a lot of things, and especially where the Poser interface does not provide a means to change a parameter. Speaking of which, P9 does allow you to toggle force limits via the 'Edit Parameter Dial' box that you get if you double click on a dial.