Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: new ste up

PoppaC opened this issue on Jan 17, 2013 ยท 5 posts

klown posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 8:01 AM

yes you can run two monitors in Studio (and I use Studio 3 as well), one for the view screen and the other for palettes. Keep in mind wherever your mouse piointer is when you go to render is where your render will take place provided you are using the option to render to new screen, otherwise it happens in the viewport. Im running a 25" and 27" LCD and pivoting them with compact guitar stands so I can use them as portrait displays.

Once you get everything set where you want it save the layout. Studio should boot up with the last setup you used but it sometimes gets corrupted with the two monitors so you can reload the layout and pick up where you left off.

Also if Studio is on your "C:/" drive it's not a bad idea to run your runtime on a different internal drive and try to keep your data, content, and runtime on that drive. It will be a bit faster provided it's not an external USB or Firewire, etc. You'll want to do this on a SATA 3 or 6GB/s or whatever your internal controller is. This method also makes it much easier to back up your data. I have years of runtime, I don't like to throw anything out either.