Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: triangulation programs

fabiana opened this issue on Jan 18, 2013 ยท 101 posts

fabiana posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quote - Nurbs also allows you some amazing and powerful modelling but in the end, it must be converted to quads. If you are going to sell your model that is. All of us who live by selling 3D mesh must compel by this rules or die. The customer demands it.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

Quote - I suspect this penchant for quads from the customers side has nothing to do how it subdivides or behaves in any other way. Instead it is the need for order and cleanliness for maintaining it over time. A finished model is not cast in stone in most cases it is changed and manipulated many time during its "life time". The UV maps, the material zones even the mesh itself is going to be fiddled with again and again. With quads you keep your sanity...

THE MOST TRUE STATEMENT.

Just my 2 cents... IMHO all what is done with tris can be made with quads putted in the correct way. ONLY for dynamics I keep supporting that some times and ONLY some times the tris are better.

regards

fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.