Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: triangulation programs

fabiana opened this issue on Jan 18, 2013 · 101 posts

LaurieA posted Mon, 28 January 2013 at 9:10 AM

I'm absolutely NOT saying it's useles unless it's used in Poser. I'm saying I dont know what I would do with it. You are, after all, in a Poser forum. LOL.

I did say I appreciate the look of it if you recall. I have no idea tho, how I'd apply it in my own stuff is all.

Laurie

Quote - I don't understand.  Are you guys suggesting the technology is useless unless it's applied to something in Poser?  Parametric technology is being used in the real world right now, for many things that are useful.  For example, they are using parametric building techniques to create self-ventillating structures that conserve heat, and provide shade without the use of fuel or expensive solar cells.  It's also being looked at as a means to increasing tensil strength of structures, and blending into natural environments.  A housing structure built on honeycomb shapes, for example, might be 10x stronger than one built on traditional squares or rectangles.

It's also quite beautiful if done right...

http://www.homedit.com/contemporary-studio-extension-for-a-new-jersey-church/

There's tons of jewelry and other items that serve only aesthetic purposes that are done parametrically too, just visit shapeways.

Do I think it's going to change anything for POser users?  Nah.  Not really.  Unless Poser users are into funky shapes, or need some modern contemporary props.  However, in the real world, there is more to it than just something to look at.