Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need Help with Hip/Thigh Conforming

Darchind opened this issue on Jan 27, 2013 · 22 posts

Glitterati3D posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quote - The project wasn't a bath towel, lol, though I do see why you would think it was. It was just a random geometry I came up with just to test the conforming process.

I don't want to bother with other people's work too much, as my whole point is to be able to create my own. I'm actually not a fan of the fashion model and lingerie stuff that Renderosity has littered throughout. I'm more into real world clothing and superhero stuff.

Ahhh, but that's one of the best learning tools - to observe and mimic the masters who have been there, done that.  Buying a well done product and using that as a teaching tool is just smart learning.

Understand I don't mean copying anything, just learning from it.  Look at the morphs, watch the movement bones and see how they avoid stretching the texture when they morph.  What are limits and why are they set a specific way....there's a wealth of knowledge just waiting for you to explore.

Well done tutorials are absolutely the best learning method.  Invest in them if you really want to learn the trade properly.  Some of the best tutorial writers are Sveva here at Rendo, Littlefox at RDNA, Fugazi1968 here at Rendo, DarkEdgeDesign at RDNA.  I have never regretted an investment in tutorials.  And, I've purchased every one in the list I just typed out.

Learning this takes time.  Impatience will be your worst enemy.