Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

FSMCDesigns posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 5:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - "Pobble said:" I know this isn't related to what you're asking, but your screen capture has two aspects I'd like to understand (thanks!):

• how do you get the Reality icon in the menu bar (or whatever that bar is called!) ?

• Is what's shown in the preview window both a spot light and a mesh light all parented with a camera?  Seems very useful...

Go to 'Edit' > 'Customize' in DazStudio. Now find the Reality Icon on the left side (Think it is in 'Render'), then drag it to the right side (See image), then click 'Accept'. Your Daz Studio screen will flicker a few times and then your Reality icon will show on your main screen.

customize

As to the second question: It are the camera and the spotlight you will have to parent to the meshlight. If you do it the other way around (parent the meshlight to the camera or spotlight) Reality will not see the meshlight anymore.

To position your meshlight: Choose the parented camera or parented spotlight in the viewport, then go to your scene-tab, select the meshlight, go to the parameters tab and position the meshlight with the sliders.

You will see the cam or spot 'go with the meshlight' in your viewport, so you will be able to place it exactly right.

Hope this helps :)

Hmm, interesting, I don't have a "customize" option under edit

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page