Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

FyraNyanser posted Wed, 06 February 2013 at 8:31 AM

They say it's their own decision and the PAs haven't been asking for it, but I agree it's a bad move which damages their public relations image. Although I might see their point with 3D assets that directly compete with their own and their PA's products, where is the logic in removing the Reality thread? This is a product that DAZ once sold (so they owe it to the many customers who bought Reality from them to continue to support it); it's a product that only works with DAZ Studio and does not compete with any product from DAZ or their PAs. Furthermore, it was not a "commercial" thread, and featured renders which were largely of DAZ's own products and which could only be made in DAZ Studio.

I posted a link to the Reality 2.5 and Lux updates in a thread in the DAZ Studio forum (it was a technical support thread) the other day. It's still there, although I doubt many will see it now, but I hope this indicates that they will not be deleting support queries on Reality.

You can be sure that there is one "competing" product that will not have its forum removed. Can you imagine the uproar if they deleted the Poser forum?