Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

inquire posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I spent hours on the Mac version of DS 4.5.1.6, or something like that, uninstalling and then reinstalling those Genesis files. The Duplicat ID #s problem persists. I could not get Smart Content to work. Finally, after reading many posts on the DAZ site, I uninstalled DS, uninstalled the CMS database, uninstalled Genesis Essentials (again), removed old Preferences files, etc. I installed the latest version of DS, Genesis Essentials, the CMS database. The result? Still Duplicate IDs, Smart Content still does not work, and Surfaces, which previously worked, is now as inert as Smart Content. A lot of work and it's worse than ever. I paid for the 4.5 PRO version, too, so, no, it's not exactly free for me.

I have DS 4.5.1.56 PRO, the last stable version, installed on My Mac running OSX 10.8.2 and can confirm again: no Duplicate ID problem. Smart Content works like a charm and I really like it. Ever so I need make some adjustments to the packged metadata, I cannot to think my workflow without Smart Content. It is so much easy and funny...

You can use the free "Fix Duplicate IDs" script from Richard Haseltine to fix the issue, but as said, the best path is update the troubled product downloading an updated installer or give a try to the new DAZ Install Manager.

I am available if you feel that I could help you to fix your issues. Currently I have zero problems with my DS installation, another than some random crashes when navigating on the content library which is caused by a specific bug in Valentina Database which is the database engine driven Content Library and Smart Content.

Thank you for your offer. I should probably contact you some way other than in this thread, so that we wouldn't be off topic. I don't know what elese I can do, though.