Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

bobvan posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

Are you talking about the new DAZ Install Manager? If yes, so the answer is no, you don't need re-install nothing, but you should re-install if you want DIM track which products are installed. DIM will track only products which it installed.

You don't need use DIM to install your downloaded content. You can download your products and unarchive the downloaded zip file and install it manually. DIM will not keep track of what and where things were installed.

You can use a dummy folder to install a product with DIM and move the files to your working folders after arrange the stuff as you want, and by this way DIM keep track of what was installed.

An empty folder is not mandatory, is recommended. While the default path set by DIM, there is no requirement to use the default path, if for some reason that path does not suit your needs. You can add unlimited install directories and delete the default path set by DIM.

So I can use to sort of move my content into their sections without re downloading anything if I dont care abut DIM I get it