Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 ยท 8453 posts

MBusch posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:24 AM

Quote - I tried out the new installer yesterday and I have to admit it does make it easier to install new items. It did suggest I delete everyhing and re-install it thru the installer but I didn't do that, I just installed the ones that I have been missing since I lost my hard drive.

I just wish the would come up with better way of loading the files. Instead of loading outfits in figures, MAT's into Pose, and props, well.... into props why not put all the items for that outfit together. That is how I have mine arranged so I don't have to keep hunting for what I want.

You can get all related files togheter in the Products column in Content Library, or selecting the product in Smart Content Products tab where all files for that product will show does matter if is a morph or a material preset.

I think is some hard to give up old habits. I used to have my content in a very hierarchical structure at the system level and in Content Library. I just give up to this method and I am using the Metadata to sort my files and Smart Content do load what I want. It works nice to me. It is just my way.