Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

mbin posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote - Hi Mario.

Thank you for your recognition about the Poser Add-on framework, it's very much appreciated. SM deserves, of course, the praise because they developed it trusting a perfect stranger, Yours Truly :)

... but it's a good thing that you kept up with Poser because...  

... I did have a trial version of Poser once, probably poser 3 or something many many years ago. I can see that Daz3d is not aiming at application development, and being as Poser now can support Genesis, the content provided by daz is now fully Poser compatible... The only problem is that for those of us who have not kept up to date with the Poser upgrades, it is quite a steep sidways move to now jump on to PoserPro2012... Certainly something that is becoming more attractive though, especially with what's going on with Daz? I wonder if Smith Micro are likely to offer a 'package deal'... buy Reality 3 for Poser, and get Poser 9 (insert crazy offer price here) and upgrade to Pro 2012 for only... `¬) ... now that would be interesting! For those that have used daz studio and Poser, which of them is prefered and when they both have Reality support, which one are you likely to end up using? (or would they both have different advantages/disadvantages?)

MyDeviantArtGallery