Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Amethst25 posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Alos I find WW very awkward. I guess I am so used to autofit, oh well.

Yes, the way you can just drag a clothing item to a character is DS and watch as, lo!!, it fits is marvelous compared to the way WW works, or even just trying to get a V4 or M4 item to fit the character it was made for.

Angela, if you're reading, I noticed your comment about "losing all the morphs" if, e.g., you're trying to get a V4 dress to fit V5 or Genesis. No, you don't have to lose any morphs. Go to Edit, and select "Convert to Weight Mapping." Accept the default, TriX. Lanuch the Transfer Utility, from among other places, the Edit (Object?) menu, choose V5 if that's what you're working with, then (next box down) "Clone," then, from the popups,  V4, then over on the right, select the item such as "dress." Almost done, but click the "Show Other Options" box, and choose "Reverse [something like source shape on object]." Now you're done. 

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work.  I thought you were going to add  - scream like a chicken will spinning around 3 times.   (only joking)  But it does sound like a lot of work. I doubt I could remember all those steps. :(

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery