Forum: Photography

Subject: Photo community = dead on rendo... discuss

inshaala opened this issue on Nov 23, 2012 ยท 40 posts

AZBO posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 1:52 PM

I have read every post in relation to this subject that i can and my honest opinion -Like it or Lump it-differs from many if not most.
People express how they are disappointed with A B C D E.
They also state that they cannot find true reason why the forum is failing?
I noted that none expressed what they believe the forum should actually be or represent?
At the moment there is a place we call a forum where mixed item's are placed randomly.
No set criteria and where a few decent moderator's struggle daily with idea's in an attempt to keep the forum alive.
People should first decide what the Photography forum should be.
Sound's simple enough. Yet not...
I believe that the forum should be divided into section's.
For example:

(HELP)---HAVE A PROBLEM WITH LIGHTING,ISO OR CAMERA SETTING THEN ASK HERE.
(INFORMATION/TIP'S)---CAPTURING NIGHT IMAGE'S,BIRD'S IN FLIGHT,SETTING WHITE BALANCE ETC.
(LENSES/CAMERAS)---ITEM'S RELATED TO TYPES OF LENS/CAMERAS.
(CHAT)---TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO PHOTOGRAPHY OR JUST SIMPLY WANT TO TALK.
(USEFUL LINK'S)---LINKS TO USEFUL PAGES IN RELATION TO PHOTOGRAPHY.
(FUN)---POST YOUR FUN IMAGES HERE.
(PASS THE TIME)---SMALL CONTESTS RUN FOR FUN BY THE COMMUNITY.
(NEW'S)---PHOTOGRAPHY NEW'S FROM AROUND THE WORLD.
(BEGINNER'S TIP'S AND INFO)---ANYTHING TO HELP A BEGINNER
The forum will never hold the attention of everyone.
Consider that a post has just been made which receives no view's?
Surely this would simply imply that no-one was interested.
Yet another different post could receive quite the opposite interest.
There has to be a selection of topics available to suit all user's in one respect or another or people will simply not find what they are looking for and move on.
The user's build the forum and the user's use it.In other word's they make it into what they want it to be.

Some emphasis has been placed on the posting,commenting and quality of image's.
So for now i will use myself as an example.
I pay a subscription hence i will post up to my daily quota as i see fit.
I appreciate that this can be a pain in the backside for other's who have friended me etc.
Mail notifications from not only myself but also their other 50 friend's in relation to new post's."ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Obligation is the word that i would use to describe how they probably feel they must act toward's commenting on the new post's.
Personally i would rather someone not comment rather than tell a lie to prevent upsetting me.
I won't comment on an image out of obligation.
I comment because i want to-Perhaps in simple term's or even now and then in elaborate term's.
I do not understand photography too well to comment on intricate detail's so more often than not i comment-LOVE IT.
The truth being that i do love it.
Copy and paste is a thing that occurs everywhere on different sites the world over.
Language barrier's is one reason given but at the end of the day someone has taken the time to copy and paste a reply and pay attention to your post.AT LEAST THEY DID NOT IGNORE IT...

I don't really choose to compare Renderosity to other site's as there really is no comparison.
We as individual's have the right of free choice and speaking for myself i choose freely to be here.

Many people know of the cLIQUE'S here but for some reason avoid the subject.
The clique's were not built to be such but were simply a build of friend's etc over a period of time.
But this annoy's so many people.
What the clique's actually cause unintentionally is for certain individuals to alway's appear the master of their craft although they could in fact have presented crap image's/render's.
This deludes the individual's who can clearly see the truth and rightly becomes upset.

I do not believe that we should check photo quality to see if it is good enough to be posted here?
This is supposed to be a friendly community where we help each other not belittle individuals because we feel they are not presenting work good enough for our own standard's.
My photo's are not the best,i know.
So do i elect not to publish them because i believe they are not the best?
Do i stand in judgement of other's better than myself and send their images to hell because i do not believe they are quality images?

Renderosity has alway's been render based and photography is alway's just an extra page.
People "HAVE" left because of the attitude toward's fairness for the photography section.
Many idea's have been put forward over the year's in respect of photography, for instance give photography it's own chart's.
But i doubt anyone will find any photography chart's?
The mod's in general are great but this site is money orientated like many other's.
Whereby the power's that be want thing's introduced that will make more money not cost more bandwidth.
Photograph's should not have to compete with render's even here yet they do.
This make's people angry and scornful and eventually some leave.
How many photographer's over the year's have topped the ART CHART'S ?

It is time to stop skipping around the bushes and face the problems head on.
Renderosity should listen to the individuals from the photography world and take action rather than sit back saying well we have idea's of our own.
The users will revive the forum if they have the true backing of RR
If not then what is the point of pretending to still have one.

The unfriend button is next to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old in the head-New to learning.