Forum: Photography

Subject: Photo community = dead on rendo... discuss

inshaala opened this issue on Nov 23, 2012 ยท 40 posts

MrsLubner posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:25 PM

Not only do you express a great many of my own thoughts, but you also echo many of the thoughts I heard while I was a coordinator and moderator here. Because photography was an add-on to the site it is not well developed. Why? it doesn't generate the revenues that keep the sight alive.

I have always thought more photography-based products should appear in the MarketPlace and host a sponsored feature/link with a printing entity so novelties and prints could be sold. Reaching out and marketing to photographers in camera shops, photo galleries, etc. would bring in new blood and new talent.

Yet, to expand on a speculative market when trying to build and maintain the original one, takes a lot of money and effort, so for now, we need to pull together as our own community here and make this the best we can to show we are a viable market waiting to be tapped and not just a best-friend society.

I think since this post was originally started, several members have started looking in and contributing to the forum discussion. One of the things I like about this forum is the informality of the posts. We don't have to decide what heading to put our thread under...we just smile and put it next in line. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault