Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

callad posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 12:58 PM

Attached Link: FloorLights LUX settings FULL VIEW

> Quote - > Quote - My latest doodle.. > > > > ![Deco](http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/036/c/e/forgotten_times_by_callad31735-d5txd7i.jpg "Deco") > > Hi Charley! > > If you don't mind, can you share some more details about the lightning setup for this lovely image? I am also specially interested in how you setup the material for the floor light's cover glass. I cannot get a similar effect as in your image. > > Cheers! > > Mario

Well Mario.. I had to re-open the scene to find I did not save the settings applied to the cover glass.. So I had to re-create them.

I set the cover glass to matte-translucent. Reflection color 84  84  84, Transmission color 220  198  189. I also used the original texture as Transmission texture. Over expose limiter On.

The effect on the cover glass is also influenced by the settings in Luxrender itself. Gamma / Filmresponse / Bloom settings you can see in the image here below. (for full view use link provided at the top of this post)

Inside the cover glass is a small meshlight ( 1/5th of the diameter of the cover glass)emitting light upwards.

The other lights used are two MeshSpots with IES photometry file pointing at the girl and an IBL light casting light through the window.

Does this help?

FloorLights LUX settings