Forum: Photography

Subject: Photo community = dead on rendo... discuss

inshaala opened this issue on Nov 23, 2012 ยท 40 posts

AZBO posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hi and thank's

Thank you for your information which i greatly appreciate.

As you have said RR was more than willing to let you run with idea's.(Staff)

But if you do as i did and scroll through the archives (where i got my info)

Anything that i have written about can be clearly found.

The only thing about the info found on RR is that it is scattered.

Even a couple of step's above this post dear Mrs Lubner who was also on staff confirm's the thought's of many-not i alone.

There are a few archived post's where (staff) member's have been giving a free run to introduce new and often better idea's within the forum.

But there is not one single item whereby the request ( numerous requests ) for a seperate Photography chart's for example has been accepted.

I know first hand how time consuming running a website can be and how grateful people should be to those behind the scene's.

But what i have written is not fiction and it is not my thought's but the compilation of what other's know is being said.

Simple fact

The forum is failing? Why?

Easy answer really-Because it does not supply anything that makes people want to return.

Example-I this morning posted a link based on Photography tip's for beginner's.

43 visit's so far.

Not great i know but consider that 43 is not far behind most other normal post's.

As i tried to say in my previous post-The user's are who make the forum-Not the website owner's or staff.

I jump about all over the place reading post's and looking at image's-I post in the forum to bring another box up that someone may be interested in.

I see someone with a problem i try to help if i can.

If i asked if i could help?

Not here long enough,no experience, in all probability.

Somebody want's to use some of my free time-I am all ready and willing....

Before i forget i ran my own website for 16 year's-I was a domestic appliance engineer who contracted to Vax,Hitachi and Goblin where i stocked over 30,000 part's online.

PS.

It is not i who said the forum is failing - I simply wrote a possible reason, which more than i have said the very same.

Thank you

Old in the head-New to learning.