Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

callad posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 8:36 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Concerning the easypose meshlights by callad: Uncompressing the duf scene files and deleting the section with 3DL render settings at the end in a text editor seems to get rid of any problems with it overwriting output image size with a 91x91 value in certain workflows.

Thank you! That is very useful information!

I tried to open the duf files in an editor seeing nothing but jibberish. Never though of the fact they were compressed!

Will make an update for the set with edited files. ..and this message comes just in time for my new project I am working on: Reality light Projectors. :)

Here is a little example so you can see what a projector can do.

This is going to be amazing. Just the sort of effect I've been wanting to use, but I'm too lazy/befuddled to work out how to do. Thanks so much for your Easy Pose Lights. Positioning and testing meshlights is one thing I almost dread doing as it's so fiddly, and you are more or less doing it "blind".

By the way, compressed .duf files (and others) can be batch decompressed within Studio 4.5 from Main Menu Bar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Batch Convert. Navigate to the folder and select all the files you want to decompress (or Add Directory) and it does it in seconds. The compressed files are replaced, so you might want to be sure you have backups, just in case.

Thank you! That worked like a dream! (made a back-up but won't need it) So now I'm updating all .duf files. I also need to rework the guide, since the problems with 'not merging' are gone now!

See! This is why I just love all you folks! You are so supportive and helpful! hugs :)