Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

callad posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quote - Finally caught up again... seeing Callad's 'projector' reminded me of some examples of using transparancy maps with mesh lights that I posted over on D.A. Although they were originally meant to illustrate how to simulate beams of light using the fog prop, and an alpha map of the leaves and branches of a tree, I thought I might post it here, as I'm guessing that once Callad has released her projectors, they may be possible to use them in a similar way?

@Callad if this is the case, maybe you could add some appropriate alpha maps to the set you produce? ...or is it possible to add some colour versions as texture maps, for a 'stained glass window' type effect? ( http://fav.me/d4xnsra ) It would be really great if what you are doing could also be used like this?

Well, they aren't intended to use that way but I suppose they could be used for that, though not in an ideal way.

Will add the feature for fog in another project. I was already thinking about another set with Easy Pose Gels, so you could create colored light patterns.

First I must update my Easy Pose System for Meshlights so the merging and ratio problem will not occur anymore. Then I must update my Projector set, have it tested and uploaded, then it's time for new things. :)  

(apart from that I have to do the laundry, clean the house and cook dinner..)