Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Inquiry for interest: Look at my Hair for Poser

papillon68 opened this issue on Feb 13, 2013 ยท 92 posts

Morkonan posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 1:00 AM

Quote - ...However, we need to know... Are YOU interested?
Let us know, thanks.

Only if your product can create realistic hair. I don't mean "long flowing hair" or surfaces that can sprout hair growing in any direction with a bit of weight thrown in so the strands curl. I mean hair that has deformed curls, random strands, out of place hair that isn't exactly in line with all the other hair, hairs with slightly different color variations, some widely different, so that they look like real hair...

http://0.tqn.com/d/beauty/1/0/1/A/1/Natalie_portman_bronde.jpg

Can you do that? I don't mean Natalie Portman's hair. I don't care about Natalie Portman, so long as she's not in the next Star Wars movie... What I do care about is realistic generated hair. So far, I have not seen one Poser generated hair prop that looks like real hair. Not one. I think your technology is awesome and you guys are doing a wonderful job. Truly, I do! But, what I saw still doesn't look like real hair.

How close can you get? I can get long stranded hair in a variety of long-stranded variations in Poser right now. I can make furry animals that are really furry, in a variety of furry ways, right now. I can make hair grown on a bowling ball in Poser and even look like it was growing on a bowling ball, right now. But, none of it looks like real hair...

What is your product going to do to solve Poser's most glaring and, in general, 3D modelling's most well known problem? How are you going to "fix" The Hair Problem?

Fix it and I will throw money at you! :D