Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

WandW opened this issue on Feb 21, 2013 ยท 352 posts

modus0 posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:04 AM

First, we shouldn't have to use a plugin to change the colors of the site. It should either be well designed enough to not need one for anyone other than the nitpickers, or should have several color options for people to choose from before resorting to a plugin.

Second, can we please, please, PLEASE! Implement code to allow the website to adjust to different screen ratios. There is, and has been since the new forums were introduced, far too much empty space on the sides. Even on a 1280x1024 screen there's more space between the elements of the pace and the edge of a maximized browser screen than there should be.

And lastly, I'm going to go pessimistic cynic here, but I don't see the PTB choosing this time to listen to us and try to make anything better. They repeatedly displayed a "we know what you really want for this site, even if you don't" attitude, and I don't see them changing.

The last Markeplace update has resulted in me practically completely stopping my browsing of it, and with this latest I'm considering either making another site my homepage (first such consideration in over a decade...).

Now, I don't actually mind the color scheme that DAZ chose for their website redesign (but that's the only thing I liked), and that is because it is a fairly neutral, muted complementary color scheme. Renderosity used to have one in regards to blue that served as a kind of site identity, but they've been moving away from that for a while, and (IMHO) losing the site identity in the process.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.