Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: Web Site Changes

whaleman opened this issue on Feb 22, 2013 ยท 80 posts

Antaran posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:35 PM

In addition to the 7 excellent points above (I agree with all of them), there is another poor change to the store:

1. The product descriptions no longer display the percentage of sale. This might be done so that people don't pay attention and buy even when the sale is small, but most of us are literate enought to count our own money. Seeing the sale percentage right there was a convenience that allowed me to buy easily and with confidence. I will still buy during the sales I find acceptable percentage- or benefits-wise (unless I need something right now and don't care whether it's on sale at all), but having to do an extra counting step WILL serve to put me off and there will be many more times when I will simply NOT BOTHER, just skipping on the purchase altogether.

And yes, high contrast light sections on dark background look horrible. This is no longer an inviting site. I want to get out of this flashi nonsense as soon as possible.

So: No more browsing the marketplace. No more reading of news. No more leisurely looks at the galleries and clicking on credited products to check them out.

I used to have my Portfolio here, but if the design doesn't change, I'll be moving it over to other sites, because this is downright embarrassing for anyone who works in any graphics field.