Forum: Community Center

Subject: new look

Richardphotos opened this issue on Feb 21, 2013 · 191 posts

tsarist posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 6:07 PM

FELLOW ARTISTS

You guys know me from around the forums. You know I'm not a corporate puppet and I don't toe the line.

Just wanted to ask all of us to give this change a couple of weeks before starting to scream TOO loud.

I'm sure a LOT of you remember how things were at that other site.They were supposed to be down for 2 days, that stretched out to almost a week. Then the forums didn't work and the site was almost completely unusable. I'm not even going to mention the security problems (the site kept telling me "Hello, John Baker", but my name is NOT John Baker). Even now, nearly 9 months later, we are STILL  having problems (today many people can't put things in the cart).

I'm sure you remember how when the forums at the other site came back, posts that were even slightly critical of the "upgrade" were ripped down without care. If you didn't know better, you would think that everyone loved the new site. Some people here have had posts removed, but it still is nowhere near as pervasive as entire threads being disappeared.

So, yeah, the site looks bad. It's too bright. Some things are too big. Most of the problems being mentioned are valid. STILL this site works better than that other site and this upgrade is not even a week old.

Let's keep reporting problems to thread set up for that and not threaten to leave until the techs have a fair chance to bring the site up to snuff.

They've been playing straight with us, so let's give them a few weeks. I think they'll rise to the occassion.

Thanks