Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

WandW opened this issue on Feb 21, 2013 · 352 posts

obm890 posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:10 AM

Quote - Ah, see, my screen doesn't look like that at all. It's all laid out rather decently on my end and nothing seems too bright or blinding.

Nothing seems too bright or disorganized for me. So that's why I was wondering why so many complaints. 

I'm on a 22" widescreen too, so I'm used to extra horizontal space as most page layouts adjust themselves to a wide screen format. I don't have a problem with it.

What I find really annoying is the vertical mess. This is a forum, I come here to read threads. Why do I have to scroll an entire page before I can even see the title of the thread I have chosen to read?!

I know this site is in the business of selling stuff and so we need to see a banner ad, but why do we need so much other crap at the top of EVERY page? When I finish reading page 1 of a thread, before I can continue reading on page 2 of the same thread I have to scroll down a whole page of:

Social media buttons

RENDEROSITY LOGO

WELCOME TO THE RENDEROSITY FORUMS

WELCOME TO THE POSER FORUM

POSER FORUM

with a picture!

MARKETPLACE LOGO

(Along with 3 bars of links, some of which are actually useful)

And then, a whole page of fluff later, I finally get to the thread I came to read. And I have to do that on EVERY page.

The result is that whatever benefit all that stuff may have had is lost on me because I never look at any of it, I scroll down it immediately. Even the banner ad is wasted because it is the first thing to go as I scroll all the other crap out of the way.

And as for the contrast thing... If the general theme is light text on a dark background,  that's great, it can look classy, it can be relaxing on the eye, BUT STICK WITH IT! Don't put stuff in white backgrounds on the same page, it doesn't look classy and it certainly isn't relaxing on the eye (for just the same reason as you don't drive your car at night with the interior light on).