Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Helping Poser Newbies

basicwiz opened this issue on Apr 23, 2012 · 560 posts

Lobo3433 posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:06 AM Forum Moderator

Quote - Thank you as to skin resources I have a couple for V4 and Jessi G2 I know V4 is the reigning queen in character creations but had considered working on items and a character form someone other than V4. I appreciate the link you posted and will review in hopes that it answers my questions as to how to set up the new skin resources and then work on customizing my character from there.  

Thanks again

Quote - Not totally a newbie but been away from Poser for sometime real life and all. But always stayed upto date with Poser versions as they came out so I do have PoserPro 2012 and my question is I bought several Skin merchant resources in hopes of creating my own character for V4 and there was once a tutorial on how to do this since the instructions in merchant packs are scant to say the least and was wondering if anyone had or knew of a tutorial or workflow process that I could fimilarize myself with to start this project. I do have the following tools PS CS5, Hexagon and Blender (which since 2.5 is not as hard to learn anylonger as 2.49 ever was) Silo. My goals is to create a character and model clothing for said character. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance I have included a screenshot of a dress I am finishing up modeled in Blender 2.65

Very good dress. :)

I'm not sure what skin merchant resource you have but this tutorial may be of use:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials/textures.html

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page