Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should there be a Poser Animation only section?

Saxon3d opened this issue on Mar 04, 2013 ยท 18 posts

Saxon3d posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 1:16 PM

to be fair markschum and this is just an observation, i find it slightly incredulous to believe that the average poser user who doesnt do animation could answer many questions apart from a few basic ones. Reading through the forum threads, even experienced users express suprise when a tip on using the keyframe editor appears. lets face it, there are probably fewer threads on animation in the forums than pretty much anything else, and when questions are asked, invariably the "get a higher end app" answer apppears pretty quickly. Are you suggesting I move all my animation questions over to an adult site like renderotica?

Basic keyframe animation will cover general animation and keyframing techniques, what I want is somewhere that users can ask questions without being made to feel stupid, or being advised to read the manual a hundred times.

In the ten years I've been visiting these forums there have been a few gems of wisdom that are lost in the multitude of non animation related threads, and there always seems to be an undercurrent of "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, he mentioned Poser animation" as if it's something to be shyed away from.

That I think is the reason for as Ockham put it, "Nobody goes there", not asking for Nirvana here, but just a page where threads specifically related to POSER animation aren't lost amongst Daz, Carrara, Iclone, 3dMax, Blender, C4D, et al.