Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

kyoto_kid posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

Received the Daz newsletter that mentioned Luxus.  Viewed some of the pics in the discusssion thread and they really don't look much better than what I can achieve using the default 3Delight and good lighting (even in 3.1 with LDP2). Comparing Reality/Lux and Luxus renders posted in the thread, the Reality/Lux ones just look better even in the hands of those still new to using it. 

The render times may be quicker, but I feel that the tradeoff will be quality (as it was with the Render Throttle plugin which had difficulty interpreting detailed textures and transmapped hair). In a way I cannot help but feel it does not use LuxRender to it's fullest. 

Yeah they may have the jump on a bridge between Lux for 4.5 for now but I beleive Reality 3 will blow it out of the water.

Reality 2.5 works just fine with 4.5

...I didn't know that.  Thought I had to wait for Reality 3.

Thanks.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]