Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

I know you are trying to be fair to Luxus, but I was comparing renders using default settings from the two and Reality comes out ahead. Maybe Luxus will get a boost when that companion product Elixer comes out, but my impression is that Paolo has a better grasp of the artistic side of things.

Its also from what I am seeing on their forum. As Charley puts it nothing mind blowing and they are mostly Lux newbs but hey we all had to start somewhere! With Reality I was able to get 1/2 decent renders from the get go. I offer them advice cause im not into this whole fanboy thing of this is great and this sucks, and alot of folks offered me support on the DS boards when I needed it when learning.

Some Reality users are preferring it..

Here is what conerns me. With the shutting down of the Reality thread and the release of Luxus. It's more evident how Paolo and Daz are parting ways and perhaps in the not too distant future Reality will no longer be suppoerted by future versions of DS.

Unless someone will be able to make an exporter to make them compatible again, those of us wishing to stay with DS may need to go to something like luxus and perhaps I am imagining things....

Not so sure about that Bob.  It looks to me like you might be looking at it backwards.  As long as Daz continues to make its sdk available to plugin developers, then it's up to the developers to make their products D|S compatible.  Paolo doesn't seem to me to be the type to guy to either burn bridges or to forget what side of his bread is buttered.  Studio gave him the time, income and education TO make the Poser version and I doubt he'd forget us Studio users.  NOW.. if Smith Micro made clothing, hair and props fit as easily as studio does; I'd probably go back to using poser.  I just don't think they're all that interested in doing that.