Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 10:42 AM

Quote -
Has anyone seen the latest LuxVR test that Lux Dev Dade put together?  I for one can't wait to see SLG4 fully realized and then get to really play with it in the next Reality3 once everything is officially set & released by the Luxrender team & Reality3 is updated to accomodate the new features in Lux. (got the CC at the ready for summertime & Reality3 for Studio LOL )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrvyjqYX6o8

The speed of that rendering was insane.  To be noted is that he's using a triple gpu setup.  Yet still, 25-40 MILLION s/s even for slg is nuts.  When I first started using Reality, I rendered almost exclusively with slg because I liked having a render done fast.  Haven't used it in months since I've gained some patience in my rendering; but, I might have to give this a test drive with the crazy render speeds I've seen.  Can just imagine 4 or 5 thousand passes in an hour or so.  Or, using it for test renders just to get a fast idea of what a full luxrender render is going to look like.  Since its announcement.. I've been very patiently awaiting reality3.. that patience just disappeared.. come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Paolo.. write more code and write more fastererest.