Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: content implications of move PC to MAC

diomede opened this issue on Mar 19, 2013 · 23 posts

monkeycloud posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 7:54 AM

Viivo looks very useful BB... thanks for the heads up.

As for the mac / PC content thing... as everyone has said, there should be no difference for current content. Copy your runtimes over. Not much more to it... unless you're actually looking to reinstall, anything, i.e. using the DAZ Installers. That would just be a case of downloading the alternate installer though, after resetting the download.

I didn't opt for the extended download when I purchased my digital copy of Poser Pro 2012. But I did download both Mac and PC files, just in case.

The one thing I've found with being on a mac is with some add-ons, scripts and so forth... for example, Morphing Clothes... and most of the Poser File Editor programs I've seen... are Windows only.

However, even that limitation can be fairly easily gotten around, using something like WineBottler... thanks to Esther and a few others for recommending that to me in a previous thread, if I recall correctly...

To be honest though... I get by quite happily with the bundled version of Wardrobe Wizard and OS X's TextEdit, for editing cr2s etc.