Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reality 3 and IDL Studio 2 (or any other Lighting System)

Michaelab opened this issue on Apr 12, 2013 · 13 posts

hornet3d posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 8:08 AM

If you click on the standalone version on the luxrender site you can download the non-OpenCL version of Luxrender.

On the whole render times are slower althougn I did a render of a glass chess set in Luxrender yesterday in 15 minutes and I doubt Firefly could have produced the same in a similar time.

The are a couple of renders of V4 in my gallery one after 60 mins in Luxrender and another after 90 mins to give you some idea.

My system supports OpenCL but the renders in my gallery are without this active as I suspect it was the cause of a couple of 'Bluescreens' although this would be down to the driver rather than OpenCL.

Only other two points I have that are different to Firefly is that you can make changes to light strength, colour temperature and the like during the render with Luxrender and you can also suspend a render and resume it at a later time.

A mesh light, top light and sunlight are included in Reality 3 as a seprerate download.  You don't need light sets for Poser but they will work but are only effective with renders in Poser they will not work correctly in Luxrender.  You might want to try luxrender out and see if it suits you, if it does and you think you will use it as your main render software then I would skip buying any light sets.  If you are using Firefly in Poser I think I would try BBs envi sphere before I spent out on lights...just my opinion.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.