Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reality 3 and IDL Studio 2 (or any other Lighting System)

Michaelab opened this issue on Apr 12, 2013 · 13 posts

DarkElegance posted Sun, 14 April 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quote - As far as I'm aware, Reality 3 has mesh lights that you can use for Luxrender included with it. Throw out everything you think you know from Poser. It doesn't apply. No Poser light set is going to make your Luxrender renders look any better. And oh, if you didn't know you likely won't need IDL Studio for Reality but you WILL need Luxrender. Reality is the exporter, Luxrender does the number crunching and heavy lifting (ie rendering) ;). Also make sure that you are prepared for very long render times. I'm not trying to disuade you but to make sure you don't spend your money on something you might not want. LOL. I know people that weren't prepared for that and can't get a refund (because technically it works as advertised). If you have a powerful openCL capapable graphics card you'll be in better shape for faster rendering.

Luxrender can do beautiful renders...just be prepared to wait a long while for them (unless you have one of those ultra speedy openCL graphics cards....lol) ;).

Laurie

o.0 hoooow long are render times?

as I was just looking at the page to purchase.

Then again I might have to wait till I get "monster"(the upgrade from "beast" which was the upgrade from "baby")

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.