Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reality 3 and IDL Studio 2 (or any other Lighting System)

Michaelab opened this issue on Apr 12, 2013 ยท 13 posts

thd777 posted Sun, 14 April 2013 at 7:34 PM

> Quote - o.0 hoooow long are render times? > > as I was just looking at the page to purchase. > > Then again I might have to wait till I get "monster"(the upgrade from "beast" which was the upgrade from "baby")

Render times depend on many factors. One important one is the presence of refractive/reflective materials. The more there are the longer things take to clear up noise. Here is an example: It is the same Poser Scene in Lux (via Reality 3) and in Vue 11 Infinite. Similar camera angle, same lights (Three mesh lights: one square from the top, one sphere inside the container and the floor lights). The LuxRender one is shown after 25h of render time (it was mostly ok with a little noise left on the character after about 20h). The Vue render was done in 35 minutes with Global Radiosity light model.

This is on a reasonably powerful system (i3930K six core with 32GB of Ram). I did not use my GPU in LuxRender. It is a bit hit and miss with my GTX670 and Lux, but if it works it usually speeds things up a by a factor of 1.5-2 in hybrid mode.

Ciao

TD