Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: content implications of move PC to MAC

diomede opened this issue on Mar 19, 2013 · 23 posts

peterpan posted Tue, 30 April 2013 at 1:39 PM

So GLAD I found this post ,

I have just gone to mac and have asked this question to . I may be mad , but my wiffy loves her apple gear and thumb on head , persuaded me to get an imac. She loves it .....

For me , it`s a whole new system and is screwing with my PC ways. I have used poser for many years , from version 1. However , since version 7 and learning to setup runtimes in a reasonable way . Using the imac , is , well , new. I had purchased Poser pro 2012 and hardly used do to our circumstances.

So , having the hard copy , installed to the imac . What a dream ,.......... Installed so easy......

Untill , and I am preparded to redue all content I have purchased from here /Daz / Rdna etc, I downloaded V4.2 from Daz and was told in so many words "You can not install this etc ".

Ok , so after researching found I had to give permission . Did this , just for the V4.2 and it installed into a folder in Applictions/ poser / 4 folder...............hm. Ok booted up Poser and it did not go into main folder of Poser ..............

Here we go..... so searching the web , came up with no darn help , seemed to me that no mac users have openly shown newbie mac peeps How to.

Then I found at good old Renderosity this post. Wow.......

So , now I wished I had saved my PC poser runtimes on a exturnal drive.....

On the Daz site , they are about to change everything , no more installers , just a Daz installer. Sounds good but scary as with all new things , well you know.....

If , and I say " Please " loudly ,  would a Mac expert / user help , from , a  Mac newbie point ,on how to download and install to the mac OS x 10.8.3. And if possible setting up seperate runtimes on the Mac system .

Then please help.... Thank you in advance ,

To the Poster , go for it if you can , the mac seems very good ...............